Tuesday May 23, 2017 from 7-8pm the CCOB held our third study group on Buddhism under the instruction of Carol Davis. In case you missed it, here is an overview of what we learned.
*Tuesday May 16, 2017 from 7-8pm the CCOB held our second study group on Buddhism. Our instructor is Carol Davis. In case you missed it, here is an overview of what we learned.
- Anyone wishing to participate in our book study we will be reading the book Siddhartha by Herman Hesse (check the link for pricing on Amazon, it is very affordable).
- Please let Carol Davis know if you can attend our June 23 trip to the Chicago Buddhist center (one option is to fill out a contact form through our website). Everyone is welcome to attend this experience regardless of participation in the class.
*Tuesday May 9, 2017 from 7-8pm the CCOB held a very informative study group on Buddhism. In case you missed it, here is an overview of what we learned. The evening consisted of 3 parts:
- Introductory questions to prompt thinking about what we know and would like to know
- Video summary over “The Life of the Buddha” (Source: BBC)
- Concluding discussion – What we can learn from Buddhism.
*The study group continues next Tuesday May 16th from 7-8pm at the CCOB. Next week’s topic will be Living Buddha, Living Christ – Comparing and understanding Buddhism and Christianity. This experience will culminate with a visit to the “Midwest Buddhist Center” in Chicago. For more info about our study group, check the link on our website here. Here is a summary of our learning experience.